Learn about GT vs SRH match result along with key match highlights, IPL points table update, man of the match, full list of award winners list and everything else you need to know today about Match 62 of IPL 2023 between Gujarat Titans and Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Gujarat Titans (GT) defeated the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) by 34 runs, thanks to Shubman Gill’s superb 100 runs and Mohammad Shami’s strong bowling. The match took place at the Narendra Modi Stadium.
At the start, GT’s bowlers Shami and Yash Dayal were on fire, quickly sending Anmolpreet Singh and Abhishek Sharma from SRH back to the pavilion. Shami was particularly relentless, taking three more wickets, including that of SRH captain, Aiden Markram. By the end of the powerplay, SRH was in a tough spot with 45 runs for 4 wickets.
Heinrich Klaasen tried to keep SRH afloat with his steady scoring but lacked support from his teammates. Abdul Samad, a promising youngster, was expected to perform but unfortunately fell to GT’s experienced bowler, Mohit Sharma. GT kept their grip tight on the game as Sharma also dismissed Marco Jansen.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar was SRH’s last hope. While he held his ground and Klaasen found some boundaries, the required run rate kept creeping up. Klaasen’s valiant effort of 64 runs ended when he was caught by David Miller, giving Shami his fourth wicket. SRH finished their innings at 154/9, falling short of the target.
Earlier, SRH had started positively with Bhuvneshwar Kumar dismissing Wriddhiman Saha. However, this didn’t deter GT. Sai Sudharsan and Shubman Gill ripped apart SRH’s bowling attack. Gill was particularly impressive, reaching a century. Their partnership helped GT reach a good score of 65/1 in the powerplay.
The duo kept going until Marco Jansen broke the partnership, catching Sai off guard. Post this, GT’s batters started falling quickly, including Hardik Pandya, David Miller, and Rahul Tewatia. Gill, however, kept scoring until he was caught by Abdul Samad, ending his fantastic knock at 101 runs.
GT’s innings ended in a bit of a tumble, losing four wickets in the final over and adding just two runs. Bhuvneshwar Kumar claimed three of these, completing his five-wicket haul. Despite this late collapse, GT posted a strong total of 188/9, eventually proving too much for SRH to chase.
GT vs SRH Score Summary:
- Gujarat Titans 188/9 (20 ov)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad 154/9 (20 ov)
- GT won by 34 runs.
Points Table Update after IPL GT vs SRH Match 62
Gujarat Titans become first team to qualify for the IPL playoffs according to latest IPL points table standings. With today’s win they now have 18 points from 13 matches and will finish in the top two spots at the end of season. SRH on the other hand are at number 9 having 8 points from 12 matches and are out of the playoffs contest.
GT vs SRH Match 62 Award Winners at IPL 2023
- Player Of The Match: Shubman Gill (GT)
- TIAGO.ev Electric Striker Of The Match: Shubman Gill (GT) – SR: 174.4
- Herbalife Active Catch Of The Match: Marco Jansen (SRH)
- Visit Saudi Beyond The Boundaries Longest 6: Shubman Gill (GT) – 86 metres
- RuPay On-The-Go 4s: Shubman Gill (GT) – 13 Fours
- UPSTOX Most Valuable Asset Of The Match: Bhuvneshwar Kumar (SRH) – 39 MVA pts
- Dream11 Gamechanger Of The Match: Bhuvneshwar Kumar (SRH) – 181 Dream11 pts
Note: All the prizes carried a cash reward of Rs 1 lakh
Major Highlights for GT vs SRH Match Today
- The IPL 2023 game began with Sunrisers Hyderabad’s (SRH) bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar striking early, taking out Gujarat Titans’ (GT) Wriddhiman Saha for a duck.
- Unfazed by the early loss, GT’s Sai Sudharsan and Shubman Gill launched a fierce counterattack, ripping through SRH’s bowling line-up and propelling GT into a commanding position.
- GT ended the powerplay with an impressive 65/1, thanks to the second-wicket partnership which continued till the 15th over.
- The tables turned again when Marco Jansen dismissed Sai, triggering a GT batting collapse, with Hardik Pandya, David Miller, and Rahul Tewatia getting out cheaply.
- Amidst the wickets falling around him, Shubman Gill stood tall, continuing to add to the scoreboard until his splendid knock of 101(58) came to an end due to a brilliant catch by Abdul Samad.
- The final over reflected GT’s shaky finish, losing four wickets and scoring just two runs, with Bhuvneshwar Kumar completing his five-wicket haul.
- GT concluded their innings with a total of 188/9.
- As SRH’s innings started, GT’s bowlers, Mohamad Shami and Yash Dayal, got into action swiftly, dismissing Anmolpreet Singh and Abhishek Sharma for low scores.
- Shami continued his ruthless performance, returning in the third and seventh overs to take out SRH’s skipper Aiden Markram and Sanvir Singh respectively.
- By the end of the powerplay, SRH had lost four wickets for 45 runs, with Heinrich Klaasen fighting a lone battle, scoring boundaries regularly.
- Abdul Samad, the young Indian player, had a chance to make his mark but fell short, dismissed by Mohit Sharma, who also took out Marco Jansen.
- Klaasen’s valiant knock of 64(44) came to an end when he was caught by David Miller off Shami’s bowling, making it Shami’s fourth wicket.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar, the last recognized SRH batter, couldn’t hold on till the end, becoming Mohit Sharma’s third victim.
- SRH’s innings ended with a score of 154/9, resulting in a 34-run victory for Gujarat Titans, with Shubman Gill’s century and Mohamad Shami’s bowling performance being the highlights of the match.
- Despite the wickets falling at the other end, Shubman Gill was unstoppable. His exceptional batting display earned him a century. He kept the score moving with his exquisite shots all around the field.
- Gill’s magnificent knock of 101 runs from 58 balls finally came to an end, as Abdul Samad caught his drive in the air. This marked the end of an outstanding performance that had been instrumental in GT’s strong total.
- Towards the end of GT’s innings, they lost their footing, losing four wickets in the last five overs. The score barely increased, and the team could only manage to add two runs.
- In the final over, Bhuvneshwar Kumar shone once again for SRH, claiming three wickets. This outstanding performance led to him achieving a five-wicket haul in the match, a significant personal achievement.
- GT’s innings concluded with a total score of 188/9. Their robust total was largely due to Gill’s century and valuable contributions from other batters.
- Despite SRH’s valiant efforts in the second innings, GT’s disciplined bowling, especially from Mohamad Shami, ensured a 34-run victory for the Titans. SRH could only manage to score 154/9 in their stipulated 20 overs.
IPL Next Match
Its Lucknow Super Giants vs Mumbai Indians (LSG vs MI) in IPL 2023 Today on May 16 at Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow. Follow live IPL score starting 15 minutes before the match start.