Skip to content

India vs Australia 3rd ODI Preview, Match Prediction, Win Possibility, Toss, Live Score and More

Following India’s five-wicket victory in the first ODI, Australia staged an impressive comeback in the second match, defeating the hosts by a resounding ten wickets. India’s top order crumbled under the relentless attack from Mitchell Starc, while Sean Abbott, along with other bowlers, dismantled the lower order. In pursuit of their target, the Australian team displayed exceptional efficiency, with openers Mitchell Marsh and Travis Head securing the win in a mere 11 overs.

With the series now evenly balanced, the decisive match scheduled for Wednesday will determine the ultimate victor. As anticipation builds over which team will emerge triumphant, we can examine the potential winner through a numerical analysis.

With the series tied at 1-1, Indian batting powerhouses Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Shubman Gill, and Suryakumar Yadav must deliver exceptional performances to counter the formidable left-arm pacer, who is ready to unleash his vicious swing on the right-handers, both inwards and outwards.

A significant shift in both technical and mental approaches is crucial, as Starc has effectively exploited the Indian batsmen’s weaknesses.

Typically, white-ball matches in India are played on flat pitches, allowing batters to hit through the line with minimal foot movement. Placing their front foot forward, batters can successfully hit deliveries across the line.

However, Starc’s superior skill set has altered the challenge, producing deliveries that either straighten on the off-middle line or sharply cut back towards the leg-middle after considerable deviation in the air.

While the Indians have long been aware of Starc’s capabilities, they failed to consider how the conditions in Mumbai and Visakhapatnam would enhance his bowling. In Mumbai, the surface provided some assistance, while in Visakhapatnam, the coastal city’s conditions allowed for greater movement in the air.

The renovated Chepauk stadium, now fully open for spectators, will host an international match after a significant hiatus, drawing attention to its newly-laid pitch.

Chepauk typically offers a surface that favors slow bowlers, making run-scoring during the middle overs challenging.

Nonetheless, this year’s pitch preparation takes into account the strengths of the Chennai Super Kings, possibly resulting in some initial assistance for fast bowlers off the surface.

Toss Prediction

It is anticipated that Australia’s captain, Steve Smith, may have the upper hand in winning the toss, as he has demonstrated greater luck compared to his Indian counterpart thus far.

Win Possibility

The series currently stands at an even 1-1, with both teams having secured a victory. Although Australia displayed dominance in the second ODI, leaving India seemingly outmatched, the hosts can draw motivation from their past series triumphs. India has an impressive track record in decisive matches, making the Rohit Sharma-led squad the favored contender for Wednesday’s match.

Weather report for India vs Australia 3rd ODI

The match is expected to take place under warm and humid conditions, with temperatures reaching 32 degrees Celsius and humidity levels around 79%. Although there is a relatively low rain probability of 21%, any sudden changes in weather conditions can not be ruled out.

Pitch report for India vs Australia 3rd ODI

For the highly anticipated India vs Australia schedule of 3rd ODI, the pitch report presents an intriguing balance between batting and bowling conditions. The pitch is expected to be evenly split, with a 50% favorability for batsmen and 50% for bowlers, promising a competitive contest between the two sides. Fast bowlers may find the surface offering slightly less assistance, with a 40% favorability, while spin bowlers are poised to capitalize on the pitch conditions with a 60% favorability. As a result, this well-balanced pitch promises an exciting and closely fought match, providing ample opportunities for both batsmen and bowlers to showcase their skills and contribute to their team’s success.

Predicted Playing XIs for India vs Australia 3rd ODI

India: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Mohammed Shami

Australia: Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, Steven Smith (c), Marnus Labuschagne, Alex Carey (wk), Cameron Green, Marcus Stoinis, Sean Abbott, Nathan Ellis, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa

India vs Australia 3rd ODI Live Score & Match Details

Date: March 22, 2023
Time: 1:30 PM IST
Venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
Live Score: Click Here

Match Prediction for India and Australia 3rd ODI

Taking into account the fierce competition witnessed thus far, we expect another exhilarating clash between the two teams. Nonetheless, the conditions at Chepauk are likely to favor India over their opponents, leading us to support the home team for a triumphant outcome in the third and final ODI match.

India vs Australia Full Squads

India: Rohit Sharma (captain), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Washington Sundar, Ishan Kishan, Jaydev Unadkat, Yuzvendra Chahal, Umran Malik.

Australia: Steve Smith (captain), Mitchell Marsh, Travis Head, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Marbnus Labuschagne, Cameron Green, Nathan Ellis, Mitchell Starc, Sean Abbott, Adam Zampa, Ashton Agar, David Warner, Alex Carrey, Jos Iglis.

Live Score for India and Australia ODI Match Today

Get every cricket update! Follow us on

follow google news   follow telegram