Despite New Zealand’s poor form, Tim Southee is breaking records left and right. In the second Test between New Zealand and England, Southee played a heroic knock, scoring 73 runs off 49 balls with five fours and six sixes.
- IPL 2023: Top 6 Players Confirmed to Miss Out Due to Injuries and Fitness Issues
- Ishan Kishan and Shubman Gill will be opening, not concerned about Bumrah’s absence: Hardik Pandya
- Sunrisers Hyderabad unveil fiery jersey for IPL 2023 season
- IPL 2023 Complete List of all Captains and Squads Announced
- Virat Kohli’s incredible ODI record against Australia
This innings helped him surpass several cricketing legends, such as MS Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev, and Rohit Sharma, to become the player with the most sixes in Test cricket with a total of 82.
He has even surpassed the likes of Kevin Pietersen, Misbah Ul Haq, Ricky Ponting, and AB de Villiers, and is now just three sixes away from surpassing Sir Viv Richards, who has hit 84 sixes in Tests.
Moreover, Tim Southee has recently added another record to his CV. On Day 1 of the second Test between New Zealand and England, he took only one wicket, but that was all he needed to become the first New Zealand cricketer to take 700 wickets across all formats.
He surpassed Daniel Vettori, another New Zealand great, who currently stands at number 2 on the all-time highest wicket-takers list for Kiwis with 696 wickets across all formats.
With this achievement, Southee has moved up to 15th position on the all-time wicket-takers list, which is currently led by Muttiah Muralitharan with 1347 wickets.