Learn about DC vs PBKS match result along with key match highlights, IPL points table update, man of the match, full list of award winners list and everything else you need to know today about Match 64 of IPL 2023 between Delhi Capitals and Punjab Kings.
Delhi Capitals beat Punjab Kings by 15 runs in a nerve-wracking Indian Premier League (IPL) clash at the HPCA Stadium. Despite a stellar 94-run performance by Liam Livingstone, Punjab Kings fell 15 runs short in their chase of the 214-run target set by the Delhi Capitals.
Livingstone’s batting spectacle couldn’t prevent the Capital’s victory in a match filled with suspense, particularly during the final over’s free hit. Although a boundary could have kept the Kings in the fight, Livingstone couldn’t capitalize on the opportunity, and the anticipated hit to the stands never came.
Chasing 214, the Kings were off to a shaky start, losing captain Shikhar Dhawan in the early stages. However, their fortunes began to improve, with Prabhsimran Singh and Atharva Taide stepping up, providing valuable runs and avoiding some close calls in the field. Despite the Capitals’ Axar Patel disrupting their rhythm by taking Prabhsimran’s wicket, Livingstone and Taide’s risk-filled partnership saw the Kings reaching 75/2 at the halfway mark.
Livingstone and Taide’s powerful shots, including a number of fours and sixes, kept the Kings’ momentum alive, despite tight bowling by the Capitals. When the run rate required reached above 16, Livingstone’s quickfire fifty off just 30 balls added a much-needed spark to the Kings’ chase.
During last overs, the Capitals struck back with sharp fielding and precise bowling. Anich Nortje displayed remarkable skill, taking out Sam Curran and conceding only five runs in the penultimate over. Following this, a run-out saw the dismissal of Harpreet Brar, leaving the Kings needing 33 from the last over.
Despite Livingstone’s valiant efforts, which included smashing a six and a four, the Capitals held their nerve. Two crucial missed hits by Livingstone off full tosses brought sighs of relief from the Capitals camp. With 16 needed off the last three balls, Livingstone couldn’t pull off the required miracle, ending the Kings’ chase with 198/8 in 20 overs.
The Capitals’ batting earlier had set up an imposing total. Openers David Warner and Prithvi Shaw gave a solid foundation, combining for a 94-run partnership. After Warner’s dismissal, Rilee Rossouw stepped in, providing a high-powered performance, reaching a rapid half-century. Phil Salt also contributed significantly in the last overs, helping the Capitals to an imposing 213/2 in 20 overs. The collective batting performance laid the groundwork for Delhi Capitals’ thrilling victory.
DC vs PBKS Score Summary:
- Punjab Kings 198/8 (20 ov)
- Delhi Capitals 213/2 (20 ov)
- DC won by 15 runs.
Points Table Update after IPL DC vs PBKS Match 64
Delhi Capitals have won the match against Punjab Kings by 15 runs. While DC is up one position to #9 (with 10 points), PBKS remains at number eight with 12 points below KKR, RR and RCB (with same number of points) on the IPL points table today.
DC vs PBKS Match 64 Award Winners at IPL 2023
- Player Of The Match: Rilee Rossouw (DC) – 82 not out off 37 balls
- TIAGO.ev Electric Striker Of The Match: Rilee Rossouw (DC) – Strike Rate of 221.62
- Dream11 Gamechanger Of The Match: Liam Livingstone (PBKS) – 135 fantasy points
- UPSTOX Most Valuable Asset Of The Match: Liam Livingstone (DC) – 44 MVA points
- RuPay On-The-Go 4s: Prithvi Shaw (DC) – 7 Fours
- Visit Saudi Beyond The Boundaries Longest 6: Liam Livingstone (PBKS) – 101 meters
- Herbalife Active Catch Of The Match: Shikhar Dhawan (PBKS) – Catch to dismiss David Warner (DC)
All the awards carry a prize money of Rs 1 Lakh.
Major Highlights for DC vs PBKS Match Today
- Livingstone’s innings began with a boundary, showcasing his aggressive intent from the start.
- Despite losing early wickets, Punjab Kings showed resilience as Prabhsimran Singh hit back-to-back fours off Ishant Sharma.
- Atharva Taide took charge and attacked Anrich Nortje, hitting a four and a six in one over.
- Livingstone survived a dropped catch by Nortje, which proved to be a crucial moment in the match.
- Taide and Livingstone continued their partnership, hitting boundaries and rotating the strike effectively.
- Livingstone smashed a huge six off Kuldeep Yadav, denting Delhi Capitals’ morale.
- The required run rate climbed above 16, but Livingstone responded with two crucial fours off Mukesh Kumar.
- Taide retired out after reaching his fifty, making way for Jitesh Sharma, who couldn’t contribute much.
- Shahrukh Khan announced his arrival with a six, reducing the equation to 79 runs needed off 24 balls.
- Livingstone accelerated his innings, reaching his fifty off just 30 balls and smashing a massive six off a free hit.
- Khaleel Ahmed dismissed Shahrukh Khan, but Livingstone hit another six to amass 20 runs off the over.
- Livingstone and Curran unleashed a flurry of sixes, including three in a row off Mukesh Kumar.
- Curran fell victim to Nortje’s delivery, losing his leg stump and leaving PBKS with a daunting task.
- Harpreet Brar’s run-out further worsened PBKS’ chances, and Nortje bowled a tight over.
- Livingstone’s heroic innings continued as he struck two sixes and a four off Ishant Sharma in the final over.
- With 16 runs needed off the last three balls, Livingstone missed his swing and couldn’t score.
- The pressure built up, and Livingstone mistimed his shot, resulting in a catch, and Delhi Capitals emerged victorious by 15 runs.
- Despite the loss, Livingstone’s knock of 94 off 48 balls left a lasting impact on the match.
- Delhi Capitals’ openers, David Warner and Prithvi Shaw, provided a solid start, adding 50 runs in the powerplay.
- Rilee Rossouw and Phil Salt contributed quick runs at the end, propelling Delhi Capitals to a formidable total of 213/2 in 20 overs.
IPL Next Match
Its Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore (65th Match – RCB vs SRH) in IPL 2023 Today on May 18 at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad. Follow live IPL score starting 15 minutes before the match start.