Learn about DC vs RCB match result along with key match highlights, IPL points table update, man of the match, full list of award winners list and everything else you need to know today about Match 50 of IPL 2023 between Delhi Capitals and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Delhi Capitals secured a comfortable 7-wicket victory against Royal Challengers Bangalore in an Indian Premier League (IPL) match at the Arun Jaitley Stadium, thanks to explosive performances from Phil Salt and Rilee Rossouw. Chasing a target of 182, DC openers David Warner (22 off 14 balls) and Phil Salt provided a strong start. Salt went on to score 87 off 45 balls, with eight fours and six sixes, while Mitchell Marsh and Rilee Rossouw contributed supportive knocks of 26 and 35 respectively.
RCB bowlers struggled to contain the DC batsmen, with Josh Hazlewood, Karn Sharma, and Harshal Patel taking one wicket each. DC achieved the target in just 16.4 overs, with Rossouw (35* in 22 balls) and Axar Patel (8*) unbeaten.
Earlier, RCB openers Virat Kohli and Faf du Plessis gave a solid start, adding 50 runs in 5.5 overs. Kohli scored his 7000th IPL run, becoming the first cricketer to reach the milestone. Despite losing Faf (45 off 32 balls) and Glenn Maxwell in quick succession, RCB managed to post a competitive total of 181/4, thanks to Mahipal Lomror’s quick-fire 54 off 29 balls. Mitchell Marsh, Khaleel Ahmed, and Mukesh Kumar each took one wicket for Delhi Capitals.
DC vs RCB Score Summary:
- Delhi Capitals 187/3 (16.4 ov)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore 181/4 (20 ov)
- DC won by 7 wickets
DC vs RCB Match 50 Award Winners at IPL 2023
Player Of The Match: Philip Salt (DC) – 87 off 45 balls
TIAGO.ev Electric Striker Of The Match: Philip Salt (DC) – SR: 193.3
Herbalife Active Catch Of The Match: David Warner (DC)
Visit Saudi Beyond The Boundaries Longest 6: Rilee Rossouw (DC) – 94 metres
RuPay On-The-Go 4s: Philip Salt (DC) – 8 Fours
UPSTOX Most Valuable Asset Of The Match: Philip Salt (DC) – 33.5 MVA pts
Dream11 Gamechanger Of The Match: Philip Salt (DC) – 133 Dream11 pts
Note: All the prizes carried a cash reward of Rs 1 lakh
Major Highlights for DC vs RCB Match Today
- Delhi Capitals clinched a 7-wicket win against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Phil Salt scored 87 off 45 balls, and Rilee Rossouw contributed 35.
- Delhi chased the 182-run target in 16.4 overs.
- RCB bowlers struggled, with Hazlewood, Sharma, and Patel taking one wicket each.
- Virat Kohli became the first player to complete 7000 runs in IPL.
- RCB posted a total of 181/4, with Lomror scoring 54 off 29 balls.
- David Warner provided a solid start with 22 off 14 balls.
- Mitchell Marsh scored 26 and took two wickets for Delhi Capitals.
- DC reached the 50-run mark in just 4.2 overs.
- Salt and Marsh added a 50-run partnership for the 2nd wicket.
- RCB openers Virat Kohli and Faf du Plessis added 50 runs in 5.5 overs.
- Kohli scored 55 off 46 balls, while Faf scored 45 off 32 balls.
- Khaleel Ahmed and Mukesh Kumar each took one wicket for Delhi Capitals.
- DC reached the 100-run mark in 9 overs, showcasing explosive batting.
- Salt completed his half-century in just 28 balls.
- At the end of 10 overs, DC was 115/1 with Salt (64*) and Marsh (22*) unbeaten.
- Rossouw and Salt took the game away from RCB, reaching the 150-run mark in 13 overs.
- RCB reached the 100-run mark in 12.4 overs, with strong performances from Kohli and Lomror.
- Lomror scored his fifty off 26 balls and partnered with Dinesh Karthik after Kohli’s dismissal.
- RCB posted 181/4, with Marsh, Ahmed, and Kumar each taking wickets for Delhi Capitals.
- RCB had a strong start, with Faf (29*) and Virat (22*) at 51/0 at the end of the powerplay.
- Faf fell victim to Mitchell Marsh in the 10.3 overs, while Glenn Maxwell was dismissed on a golden duck.
- Kohli and Lomror added 50 runs together off just 29 balls.
- RCB reached the 150-run mark in 16.5 overs, with Lomror (44*) and Karthik (2*).
- Karn Sharma dismissed Salt in the 16th over, ending his brilliant 87-run innings.
- Delhi Capitals achieved a comfortable victory with Rossouw (35* in 22 balls) and Axar Patel (8*) unbeaten.