Learn about GT vs DC match result along with key match highlights, IPL points table update, man of the match, full list of award winners list and everything else you need to know today about Match 7 of IPL 2023 between Gujarat Titans and Delhi Capitals.
An unbeaten 56-run partnership between David Miller and Sai Sudharsan led Gujarat Titans (GT) to a 6-wicket victory over Delhi Capitals (DC) in Match 7 of IPL 2023 at Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi. Sudharsan was the top scorer for GT, hitting an unbeaten 62 off 48, while Miller contributed a rapid 31* off 16. For DC, Anrich Nortje claimed two wickets, while Khaleel Ahmed and Mitchell Marsh each took one.
Nortje struck early for DC, defending a total of 163, by dismissing Wriddhiman Saha for 14 off 7 in the third over. Nortje also removed the dangerous Shubman Gill for 14 in his following over. In the 6th over, Khaleel Ahmed took the wicket of Gujarat captain Hardik Pandya, who scored just 5 runs. Vijay Shankar and Sai Sudharsan then picked up the pace, regularly attacking Delhi’s bowlers and pushing their team past the 100-run mark in the 12th over.
Mitchell Marsh broke the 53-run partnership in the 14th over, dismissing Shankar for 29 off 23. Miller took charge and scored 20 runs off Mukesh Kumar in the 16th over, including two sixes and a four. With 26 runs needed in 24 balls, Sudharsan anchored GT’s innings with a 44-ball half-century. He scored 14 runs off Nortje with a six and a boundary, and along with Miller, reached their 50-run partnership in the 18th over. Miller secured GT’s 6-wicket victory in the 19th over, thanks to Sudharsan’s unbeaten 62.
Earlier, fierce bowling from Mohammed Shami, Alzarri Joseph, and Rashid Khan restricted DC to 162/8 in 20 overs. Shami and Rashid each took three wickets, while Joseph claimed two for 29 runs. David Warner led DC’s scoring with 37 runs, followed by Axar Patel’s 36 off 22. After a promising start, DC’s batting faltered, with Shami removing Prithvi Shaw for 7 and Mitchell Marsh for 4.
Warner and Sarfaraz Khan steadied the innings, reaching 60 runs in the 7th over. However, Joseph broke their partnership, taking out Warner for 37 and Rilee Rossouw for a duck on the next ball. Gujarat’s bowlers continued to dominate, with Rashid dismissing debutant Abishek Porel for 20 off 11 and Sarfaraz Khan for 30 off 34. Patel hit several boundaries before Aman Hakim Khan was caught by Hardik Pandya off Rashid for 8 runs.
In the final over, Patel struck a six off Shami before being caught by Miller at the sweeper cover. Nortje hit a four, bringing DC’s total to 162/8 in 20 overs.
GT vs DC Score Summary:
- Delhi Capitals 162/8 (20 ov)
- Gujarat Titans 163/4 (18.1 ov)
- GT won by 6 wickets
Points Table Update after IPL Match 6
Gujarat Titans gets 2 points beating Delhi Capitals by 6 wickets today. They now have 4 points in total sitting on top of the IPL table winning 2 out of 2 matches they played in IPL 2023.
GT vs DC Match 7 Award Winners at IPL 2023
- Player Of The Match: Sai Sudharsan (GT)
- TIAGO.ev Electric Striker Of The Match: David Miller (GT)
- Herbalife Active Catch Of The Match: Rahul Tewatia (GT)
- Visit Saudi Beyond The Boundaries Longest 6: Axar Patel (DC) 82 metres
- RuPay On-The-Go 4s: David Warner (DC), 7 fours
- UPSTOX Most Valuable Asset Of The Match: Mohammad Shami (GT) 25.5 MVA points
- Dream11 Gamechanger Of The Match: Rashid Khan (GT) 91 fantasy points
Note: All the prizes carried a cash reward of Rs 1 lakh
Major Highlights for GT vs DC Match Today
- Sai Sudharsan and David Miller’s unbeaten 56-run partnership secured a 6-wicket victory for Gujarat Titans against Delhi Capitals.
- Sudharsan scored the highest for Gujarat Titans, making an unbeaten 62 off 48, while Miller contributed a quick 31* off 16.
- Anrich Nortje took two wickets for Delhi Capitals, dismissing Wriddhiman Saha and Shubman Gill early in the innings.
- Vijay Shankar and Sai Sudharsan built momentum for Gujarat Titans, taking the team past the 100-run mark in the 12th over.
- Mitchell Marsh broke the 53-run partnership between Shankar and Sudharsan, dismissing Shankar for 29 off 23.
- Earlier, Delhi Capitals were restricted to 162/8 in 20 overs due to strong bowling performances from Mohammed Shami, Alzarri Joseph, and Rashid Khan.
- David Warner top-scored for Delhi Capitals with 37 runs, while Axar Patel contributed a quick 36 off 22.
- Shami and Rashid each took three wickets, with Shami dismissing key batters Prithvi Shaw and Mitchell Marsh early in the innings.
- Alzarri Joseph broke the crucial partnership between Warner and Sarfaraz Khan, taking both their wickets in quick succession.
- In the final over, Anrich Nortje hit a boundary to bring Delhi Capitals’ total to 162/8 in 20 overs.
IPL Next Match
In IPL next match, Rajasthan Royals will lock horns with Punjab Kings today on April 5 at Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati.