The Indian cricket team’s impressive victory against New Zealand in the second ODI has caused a shakeup in the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s ODI Team Rankings. Following the defeat, New Zealand has dropped to second place, allowing England to claim the top spot. This comes after a thrilling match in Hyderabad, where New Zealand suffered a resounding defeat against India, losing the series and their top ODI ranking.
England now sits at the top of the ODI Team Rankings chart with 113 rating points, followed by New Zealand with 113 rating points and 3166 overall points, and India in third place with 111 rating points. Australia is in fourth place with 112 rating points.
- 2007 T20 World Cup hero Joginder Sharma retires from all forms of the game
- Asian Cricket Council to take a call on Asia Cup host nation in next board meeting in March
- WPL 2023: WPL auction to take place on Feb 13th
- Big Bash 2023: Perth Scorchers clinch BBL final for 5th time, beating Brisbane Heat in nail-biting final
- WPL 2023: Mithali raj roped in as a mentor for Gujarat Titans in the WPL
The fast bowlers played a crucial role in India’s victory, reducing New Zealand to 15/5 in the opening 11 overs. Despite efforts from Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell, and Mitchell Santner, the visitors were only able to score 108 runs. India then easily chased down the total, with Rohit Sharma scoring a half-century.
If India can replicate their performances in the last match of the series and sweep the series 3-0, they will become the No.1 ODI team in the rankings. The final match of the series will determine the ultimate rankings for these teams, and fans are eagerly waiting to see who will come out on top.