Ahead of the four-match Test series between India and Australia, starting on February 09, 2023, the Australian cricket team has received a setback with their pace ace Mitchell Starc set to miss the first Test in Nagpur. The injury also ruled him out of the final Test of the South Africa series last month.
Both teams have new captains compared to the last Border-Gavaskar Trophy, with Rohit Sharma and Pat Cummins leading India and Australia respectively. India have emerged victorious in all three series and will look to continue their winning streak.
- IPL 2023: Mumbai Indians’ training begins in the absence of captain Rohit Sharma
- Delhi Capitals reveals “Nayi Jersey” for IPL 2023 season
- IND vs AUS Match Result: Australia levels series with 10-wicket win over India
- IND vs AUS: Possible rain may disrupt the second ODI match at Visakhapatnam
- IPL 2023: BCCI to follow strict COVID policy, players to undergo 7-day isolation period
On the other hand, the Indian team has a lot of depth and experience in both batting and bowling. The players from the top order will have to contribute, just as the bowlers need to be consistent. The conditions in India are expected to be challenging, and the two teams will battle it out for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
This will be an interesting series, and it remains to be seen which team will come out on top. Both teams have the potential to win and they will be eager to take the trophy home. The series promises to be a thrilling one and it will be a great opportunity for both teams to showcase their skills and gain confidence ahead of the World Cup.
The Australian squad consists of Pat Cummins (C), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Lance Morris, Todd Murphy, Matthew Renshaw, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, and David Warner.