Learn about MI vs RR match result along with key match highlights, IPL points table update, man of the match, full list of award winners list and everything else you need to know today about Match 42 of IPL 2023 between Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals.
Suryakumar Yadav and Tim David’s heroics guided Mumbai Indians to a thrilling six-wicket win in the last over against Rajasthan Royals in their IPL match at Wankhede Stadium on Sunday. Despite a brilliant maiden century from Yashasvi Jaiswal, Rajasthan’s efforts fell short in a high-scoring encounter.
Chasing a massive target of 212, Mumbai lost Rohit Sharma early but made a steady recovery thanks to crucial partnerships. Suryakumar Yadav’s attacking innings of 55 off 29 balls and Cameron Green’s 44 off 26 balls kept Mumbai in the game. Tim David’s explosive unbeaten 45 off just 14 balls and Tilak Varma’s composed 29* off 21 helped Mumbai clinch victory in the final over.
R Ashwin was the standout bowler for Rajasthan, taking two wickets, while Sandeep Sharma and Trent Boult claimed one each. Batting first, Rajasthan amassed 212 runs, with Yashasvi Jaiswal’s scintillating 124 off 62 balls as the highlight. However, their total proved insufficient to secure the win.
Arshad Khan was the most impressive bowler for Mumbai, finishing with figures of 3/39. Piyush Chawla, Jofra Archer, and Riley Meredith each contributed with a wicket. In the end, the match showcased the excitement and competitiveness of the IPL, with both teams displaying exceptional talent and high-scoring performances.
MI vs RR Score Summary:
- Mumbai Indians 214/4 (19.3 ov)
- Rajasthan Royals 212/7 (20 ov)
- MI won by 6 wickets
Points Table Update after IPL MI vs RR Match 42
In 2nd match, Mumbai Indians beat RR by six wickets. With four wins out of eight matches, MI have climbed to number 7 position on the points table having 8 points from 8 matches. RR is now at number three with 10 points from 9 matches.
MI vs RR Match 42 Award Winners at IPL 2023
- Player Of The Match: Yashasvi Jaiswal (124 off 62 balls)
- TIAGO.ev Electric Striker Of The Match: Tim David (strike rate of 321.43)
- Herbalife Active Catch Of The Match: Sandeep Sharma
- RuPay On-The-Go 4s: Yashasvi Jaisawal (16 fours)
- UPSTOX Most Valuable Asset Of The Match: Yashasvi Jaisawal (39 MVA points)
- Dream11 Gamechanger Of The Match: Yashasvi Jaisawal (182 fantsy points)
- Visit Saudi Beyond The Boundary Longest Six: Yashasvi Jaisawal (94 metres)
Note: All the prizes carried a cash reward of Rs 1 lakh
Major Highlights for MI vs RR Match Today
- RR reached 65 runs without losing any wickets after the powerplay, with Yashasvi (41*) and Buttler (11*) unbeaten.
- Piyush Chawla cleared up Jos Buttler at 18 off 19 balls, getting the first breakthrough for MI.
- Sanju Samson opened his batting with a six, but it did not last long as Arshad Khan dismissed him with a length ball. Tilak Varma took his catch in deep midwicket, batting at 14 off 10 balls. RR was 95/2 in 9.5 overs.
- Holding wickets from one end, Jaiswal brought up his fifty off 32 balls, hitting a boundary to Chawla. With Jaiswal’s fifty, RR achieved the 100-run mark in 10.2 overs.
- Piyush Chawla with his spin bowling, sent RR on the back foot. In the 11th over, he took his second wicket, dismissing Devdutt Padikkal cheaply at 2 off 4 balls. RR was 103/3 in 10.5 overs.
- Rajasthan lost their fourth wicket in the 15th over when Jofra Archer took the scalp of Jason Holder who was batting at 11 off 9 balls consisting of one six. RR was 143/4 in 14.1 overs.
- Jaiswal ensured from his end to keep the scoreboard moving, he provided a 150-run mark to RR by hitting six on Meredith’s bowling at 15.5 overs.
- RR lost two quick wickets: Shimron Hetmyer was dismissed by Arshad Khan at 8 off 9 balls and Dhruv Jurel was dismissed by Meredith at 2 off 3 balls.
- Batting exceptionally well, Jaiswal clinched his maiden IPL century off 53 balls in the 17.4 overs with the four and punished Archer with two maximums in the 19th over.
- RR reached the 200-run mark in 19.2 overs, posting a massive 212/7 in 20 overs.
- Arshad Khan (3/39) was impressive with the ball, and Piyush Chawla, Archer, and Meredith got one wicket each for MI.
- Chasing a huge total of 212, Mumbai reached the 50-run mark in 5.1 overs and were at 58/1 after the end of the Powerplay.
- Birthday boy Rohit Sharma went back to the dressing room very early. Sandeep Sharma took the wicket of Rohit at 3 off 5 balls. MI was 14/1 after Rohit’s dismissal.
- Ishan Kishan and Cameron Green brought their 50-run partnership for the 2nd wicket in 32 balls. However, their partnership broke at the 9th over when R Ashwin took the breakthrough of Ishan. Ishan was dismissed at 28 off 23 balls. M was 76/2 in 8.2 overs.
- Suryakumar Yadav played an attacking knock and brought up his fifty off 24 balls in 14.1 overs.
- Cameron Green scored 44 off 26 balls while Tilak Varma played a knock of 29* off 21.
- Trent Boult got the big wicket of Surya at 55 off 29 balls. Sandeep Sharma took a stunning catch at short fine leg. MI was at 152/4 after 15.4 overs.
- In the last three overs, MI needed 43 runs, Tikal Varma was batting at 20 off 15 balls, and Tim David was batting at 11 off five balls. They required a run rate of 10 per over. The duo ensured that MI finished the 1000th IPL match on the winning side.
- Tim David scored an impressive 45* off just 14 balls, with three fours and four sixes, guiding MI to a thrilling six-wicket win on the last over against Rajasthan Royals in their Indian Premier League (IPL) match at Wankhede Stadium on Sunday.
- R Ashwin was the pick of the bowler for RR, taking two scalps, while Sandeep and Trent Boult took one wicket each.
IPL Next Match
Its Lucknow Super Giants vs Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB vs LSG) in IPL 2023 Today on May 1 at Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow.