Learn about PBKS vs DC match result along with key match highlights, IPL points table update, man of the match, full list of award winners list and everything else you need to know today about Match 59 of IPL 2023 between Punjab Kings and Delhi Capitals.
In an exciting 2023 Indian Premier League (IPL) match, the Punjab Kings (PBKS) beat the Delhi Capitals (DC) at the Arun Jaitley Stadium. This victory was mainly due to the great performance of Prabhsimran Singh and Harpreet Brar. Their efforts helped PBKS win by 31 runs. This loss meant the Delhi Capitals were out of the tournament, and the win helped the Punjab Kings move up to the sixth place in the league.
Singh and Brar, who emerged as the game’s heroes, navigated the turbulent waters of the initial overs. Punjab Kings struggled in the beginning, losing early wickets to Delhi Capitals’ fiery bowling. Punjab’s captain Shikhar Dhawan was sent back to the pavilion in the second over by Ishant Sharma, who also dismissed Liam Livingstone in the fifth. Axar Patel contributed to the attack by taking Jitesh Sharma’s wicket, leaving PBKS at 46/3 by the end of the powerplay.
Amid the early chaos, Prabhsimran Singh and Sam Curran steadied the ship, building a 50-run partnership for the fourth wicket. Singh’s resilience resulted in a fantastic fifty off 42 balls, and he further escalated the momentum to secure a remarkable maiden IPL century in just 62 balls. Despite wickets falling at the other end, Singh’s aggressive play kept PBKS in the game. His extraordinary innings concluded in the penultimate over, but not before PBKS posted a competitive total of 167/7.
The second half of the match saw Delhi Capitals off to a promising start, thanks to David Warner and Phil Salt’s aggressive batting. Warner instantly demonstrated his intent, hitting a four off the first ball. Phil Salt, too, made his presence felt, cracking a couple of fours off Harpreet Brar. Their combined effort led DC to a strong 65/0 at the end of the powerplay.
However, the tide began to turn as Brar made a robust comeback, dismissing Salt for 21 runs. Despite Warner notching his 60th IPL fifty, off just 23 balls, his departure, alongside Mitchell Marsh’s, marked the beginning of DC’s downfall. The spin attack of PBKS, led by Brar and Rahul Chahar, further intensified the pressure on DC. Brar took Warner’s wicket, while Chahar sent Axar Patel back, with both decisions upheld despite reviews.
Brar continued his lethal bowling, claiming his fourth wicket by dismissing Manish Pandey, leaving DC reeling at 88/6. Aman Khan and Praveen Dubey tried to steady the innings with a 30-run partnership, but the escalating required run rate led to Aman’s dismissal by Nathan Ellis. Despite their best efforts, DC couldn’t bridge the gap, and they fell short by 31 runs, securing a victory for PBKS.
This match was an embodiment of the unpredictable and thrilling nature of IPL cricket. Prabhsimran Singh’s maiden century and Harpreet Brar’s bowling prowess created an unforgettable spectacle, pushing Punjab Kings up the IPL table and eliminating Delhi Capitals from the competition.
PBKS vs DC Score Summary:
- Delhi Capitals 136/8 (20 ov)
- Punjab Kings 167/7 (20 ov)
- Scorecard: PBKS won by 31 runs.
Points Table Update after IPL PBKS vs DC Match 59
In second match Punjab Kings managed to grab 2 points by beating Delhi Capitals by 31 runs. PBKS is currently at number 6 while DC is out of the IPL playoffs race according to IPL points table ranking and is placed at number 10.
PBKS vs DC Match 59 Award Winners at IPL 2023
- Player Of The Match: Prabhsimran Singh (103 off 65)
- TIAGO.ev Electric Striker Of The Match: David Warner (Strike rate of 200)
- Herbalife Active Catch Of The Match: Harpreet Brar (For catch of Aman Hakim Khan)
- Visit Saudi Beyond The Boundaries Longest 6: Prabhsimran Singh (91 metres off Kuldeep Yadav)
- RuPay On-The-Go 4s: Prabhsimran Singh (10 fours)
- UPSTOX Most Valuable Asset Of The Match: Prabhsimran Singh (46 MVA points)
- Dream11 Gamechanger Of The Match: Prabhsimran Singh
Note: All the prizes carried a cash reward of Rs 1 lakh
Major Highlights for PBKS vs DC Match Today
- Punjab Kings (PBKS) beat Delhi Capitals (DC) by 31 runs in the IPL 2023 match at the Arun Jaitley stadium.
- PBKS started batting first, but the initial overs were rough as they lost their skipper, Shikhar Dhawan, in the 2nd over to Ishant Sharma.
- Ishant Sharma struck again in the 5th over, taking out Liam Livingstone for just four runs.
- By the end of the powerplay, PBKS were at a shaky 46/3.
- Prabhsimran Singh and Sam Curran started to rebuild the innings, forming a 50-run partnership for the 4th wicket.
- Singh hit a brilliant fifty off 42 balls, bringing Punjab’s total to the 100-run mark at 13.1 overs.
- Curran was dismissed by Praveen Dubey in the 14th over, adding more pressure on Singh.
- Despite wickets falling on the other end, Singh kept his cool, scoring a maiden IPL century off 62 balls.
- Singh’s stellar performance ended in the 19th over, leaving PBKS with a fighting total of 167/7.
- Chasing 168, DC’s openers, David Warner and Phil Salt, started strong, smashing 11 fours and a six in the powerplay.
- Harpreet Brar turned the tide for PBKS, dismissing Salt for 21 off 17.
- Despite Warner reaching his 60th IPL fifty in just 23 balls, the DC batting line-up started to crumble.
- The left-arm spinner, Brar, trapped Warner LBW, a decision upheld despite a review.
- Rahul Chahar kept the pressure on, getting Axar Patel LBW, and the on-field decision stayed after review.
- Brar claimed his fourth wicket by dismissing Manish Pandey, causing DC to lose 5 wickets for 14 runs.
- Aman Khan and Praveen Dubey tried to stabilize DC with a 30-run stand.
- Nathan Ellis dismissed Aman, increasing the pressure on DC as the required run rate increased.
- Despite a steady fight, DC fell short by 31 runs, finishing at 136/8.
- The win moved PBKS to the sixth position in the IPL 2023 table.
- The standout performance of the match was Singh’s maiden century and Brar’s 4-wicket haul, contributing significantly to PBKS’s victory and DC’s exit from the tournament.
IPL Next Match
On super Sunday, we have again two matches first Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore (60th T20) at Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur at 3.30pm and then Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders (61st T20) at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai at 7.30pm. Follow live IPL score starting 15 minutes before the match start.