Karachi Kings’s Pacer Mir Hamza and Multan Sultans fast bowloer Shahnawaz Dahani both have been ruled out of the remainder of the Pakistan Super League 2023 due to injuries. According to PCB both have fractured their fingers while fielding during their respective matches.
- IPL 2023: Top 6 Players Confirmed to Miss Out Due to Injuries and Fitness Issues
- Ishan Kishan and Shubman Gill will be opening, not concerned about Bumrah’s absence: Hardik Pandya
- Sunrisers Hyderabad unveil fiery jersey for IPL 2023 season
- IPL 2023 Complete List of all Captains and Squads Announced
- Virat Kohli’s incredible ODI record against Australia
Talking about the Dahani, PSL spokesperson confirmed that Dahani sustained an injury to his finger during their match against Lahore. Numerous reports suggest that the 24-year-old fast bowler may have to sit out for approximately two months.
Next was Mir Hamza who also got himself injured while attempting to stop Babar Azam’s straight drive during his follow-through. Although Hamza’s attempt to run out non-striker batter Saim Ayub was successful, he sustained an injury that will prevent him from participating in the remainder of the tournament.
The 22-year-old Akif Javed has been included in Karachi’s squad as a replacement for the injured pacer Hamza.
Javed, a left-arm pacer, has previously been a member of the Lahore Qalandars and Islamabad United squads in the PSL. The tall youngster from the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province has taken 33 T20 wickets in 31 matches and maintains an economy rate of 8.48.
He currently represents the Balochistan squad in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, which is a domestic first-class cricket tournament in Pakistan.
Both Multan Sultans and Karachi Kings have lost their first matches of the tournament this season.