Team India star Rishabh Pant was injured in a car accident on Friday after colliding with a divider on the Delhi-Dehradun highway. According to reports, Pant was driving back to his hometown of Roorkee when he fell asleep at the wheel, causing the car to collide with the divider and catch fire. He was taken to a local hospital and is being treated for injuries to his head, back, and feet. Despite his injuries, Pant is in stable condition.
Pant is one of the key members of the Indian national team and was recently a part of the side that played against Bangladesh in a Test match, where he scored a crucial 93 runs. He was rested for the recent ODI and T20I series against Sri Lanka and had been recovering at the National Cricket Academy.
- 2007 T20 World Cup hero Joginder Sharma retires from all forms of the game
- Asian Cricket Council to take a call on Asia Cup host nation in next board meeting in March
- WPL 2023: WPL auction to take place on Feb 13th
- Big Bash 2023: Perth Scorchers clinch BBL final for 5th time, beating Brisbane Heat in nail-biting final
- WPL 2023: Mithali raj roped in as a mentor for Gujarat Titans in the WPL
Following the series against Bangladesh, Pant travelled to Dubai where he was seen with former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni. He returned to India earlier this week and was on his way to Roorkee when the accident occurred.
Eyewitnesses at the scene reported that Pant’s car collided with the railing and caught fire. It was only with great difficulty that the fire was brought under control and Pant, who was severely injured, was taken to the Saksham Hospital on Delhi Road. He was later referred to another hospital in Dehradun for further treatment.
News of Pant’s accident has been met with concern from the cricketing community, with many expressing their well wishes for a speedy recovery. It is not yet clear how the injuries will affect Pant’s availability for future cricketing commitments.