Learn about RR vs KKR match result along with key match highlights, IPL points table update, man of the match, full list of award winners list and everything else you need to know today about Match 56 of IPL 2023 between Rajasthan Royals and Kolkata Knight Riders.
Rajasthan Royals (RR) clinched a 9-wicket victory over the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at the IPL 2023 match in Eden Gardens courtesy of an extraordinary half-century by Yashasvi Jaiswal and a four-wicket haul by Yuzvendra Chahal. Jaiswal, known for his power-hitting, scripted history by scoring the fastest fifty in IPL history off just 13 balls, culminating in an unbeaten 98 runs off 47 balls. Sanju Samson complemented Jaiswal’s feat with a dynamic 48 runs off 29 balls, leading RR to reach their 150-run target in just over 13 overs.
Jaiswal’s stellar performance was evident from the start, as he scored 26 runs in the first over, setting an aggressive tone for the match. Despite the early dismissal of Jos Buttler, Jaiswal remained unfazed, reaching a historical fifty and leading RR to 78/1 after 6 overs. Both Jaiswal and Samson exhibited a dominant batting display, resulting in a hundred runs in the tenth over and a hundred-run stand in just 56 balls. This performance steered RR to a comfortable victory with over 6 overs remaining.
Earlier in the day, Chahal delivered an impressive bowling spell, seizing four wickets and conceding only 25 runs. Alongside him, Trent Boult scalped two wickets, further destabilizing KKR’s batting line-up. KKR’s Venkatesh Iyer, however, put up a fight, scoring a commendable 57 runs, with Nitish Rana contributing 22.
The match began with RR winning the toss and choosing to field. Boult quickly dismissed Jason Roy, followed by the fall of Rahmanullah Gurbaz, both significant wickets for RR. Despite this, Iyer and Rana managed to rack up 18 runs off Ravichandran Ashwin. However, Rana was sent back by Chahal, marking his entry into IPL history as the leading wicket-taker.
The middle-order wickets of Andre Russell and Rinku Singh, as well as Iyer’s wicket taken by Chahal, left KKR on the back foot. Despite Iyer’s half-century, KKR could only manage to score 149/8 in 20 overs, owing to Chahal’s final wicket and the dismissal of Sunil Narine by Sandeep Sharma. This comprehensive victory showcased the supreme dominance of the Rajasthan Royals in this match.
RR vs KKR Score Summary:
- Kolkata Knight Riders 149/8 (20 ov)
- Rajasthan Royals 151/1 (13.1 ov)
- RR won by 9 wickets
Points Table Update after IPL RR vs KKR Match 56
Rajasthan Royals jumped to number three position on the IPL points table with 12 points after today’s win. KKR lost the match by massive 9 wickets. KKR has dipped to number seven positions (with 10 points from 12 matches now).
RR vs KKR Match 56 Award Winners at IPL 2023
- Player Of The Match: Yashasvi Jaiswal (RR) – 98 not out off 47 balls
- TIAGO.ev Electric Striker Of The Match: Yashasvi Jaiswal (RR) – Strike Rate of 208.51
- Dream11 Gamechanger Of The Match: Yashasvi Jaiswal (RR) – 133 fantasy points
- UPSTOX Most Valuable Asset Of The Match: Yashasvi Jaiswal (RR) – 47.5 MVA points
- RuPay On-The-Go 4s: Yashasvi Jaiswal (RR) – 13 Fours
- Visit Saudi Beyond The Boundaries Longest 6: Sanju Samson (RR) – 92 meters
- Herbalife Active Catch Of The Match: Shimron Hetmyer (RR) – Catch to dismiss Jason Roy (KKR)
All the awards carry a prize money of Rs 1 Lakh.
Major Highlights for RR vs KKR Match Today
- Yashasvi Jaiswal of Rajasthan Royals (RR) starts the match with a powerful performance, scoring 26 runs in the first over.
- KKR’s Andre Russell successfully executes a direct hit, dismissing Jos Buttler without a score.
- Jaiswal continues his extraordinary batting, achieving the fastest fifty in IPL history.
- After 6 overs, RR is comfortably positioned at 78/1.
- In the tenth over, RR reaches a hundred, with Jaiswal maintaining his dominant batting and RR skipper Sanju Samson joining in with boundary hits.
- A hundred-run stand is accomplished by Jaiswal and Samson in just 56 balls.
- RR wraps up the chase with over 6 overs to spare, marking a resounding 9-wicket victory over KKR. Jaiswal remains unbeaten at 98*.
- Earlier in the game, RR’s Yuzvendra Chahal impresses with four wickets in his 4 overs, conceding only 25 runs.
- Trent Boult adds to KKR’s woes, claiming two wickets.
- KKR’s Venkatesh Iyer puts up a brave front, scoring 57 runs, while Nitish Rana contributes 22 runs.
- Opting to field first, RR gets a strong start with Boult dismissing Jason Roy early in the game.
- Iyer is invited to the crease following Roy’s dismissal.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz scores 15 runs off Sandeep Sharma with two consecutive sixes in the third over.
- Boult secures another breakthrough in the 5th over, dismissing Gurbaz.
- Kolkata Knight Riders captain Nitish Rana joins Iyer, scoring 18 runs off Ravichandran Ashwin.
- Chahal dismisses Rana in the 11th over, marking his place as the leading wicket-taker in IPL history.
- Andre Russell is dismissed by KM Asif in the 14th over after a short 10-run inning.
- Iyer accomplishes his half-century off just 39 balls in the 16th over.
- In the 17th over, Chahal dismisses Iyer and Shardul Thakur, further damaging KKR’s standing.
- Chahal claims Rinku Singh’s wicket in the 19th over, and Narine is dismissed by Sharma in the final over, limiting KKR to 149/8 in 20 overs.