Learn about SRH vs PBKS match result along with key match highlights, IPL points table update, man of the match, full list of award winners list and everything else you need to know today about Match 14 of IPL 2023 between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Punjab Kings.
A 100-run partnership between Rahul Tripathi, who scored a half-century, and captain Aiden Markram, along with a four-wicket haul from spinner Mayank Markande, led Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) to an eight-wicket win over Punjab Kings (PBKS) at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad on Sunday.
Following this win, SRH moved to the eighth position with one win and two losses from three matches, accumulating two points. PBKS, on the other hand, slipped to sixth place with two wins and a loss from three matches, totaling four points.
In pursuit of 144 runs, SRH began with a strong opening partnership between Mayank Agarwal and Harry Brook. However, Arshdeep Singh dismissed Brook for 13, leaving SRH at 27/1 after 3.5 overs. Tripathi then joined Mayank, and the pair guided SRH through the powerplay, reaching 34/1 after six overs.
Rahul Chahar’s spin ended Mayank’s innings at 21, bringing the score to 45/2 after 8.3 overs. By the 10th over, with Tripathi and Markram at the crease, the score reached 67/2. Tripathi’s aggressive batting continued, hitting multiple boundaries and bringing up his 11th IPL fifty.
Markram provided support from the other end as the pair reached their fifty-run partnership in just 28 balls. With the score at 118/2 after 15 overs, Markram went on the offensive, hitting four boundaries in the next over, leaving only three runs required to win. The chase concluded successfully at 145/2 after 17.2 overs, with Tripathi and Markram’s partnership totaling 100 runs in 52 balls.
Arshdeep and Rahul each took a wicket for PBKS.
In PBKS’ innings, captain Shikhar Dhawan’s efforts helped them reach a respectable 143/9. SRH’s bowlers put early pressure on PBKS, with Bhuvneshwar Kumar taking a wicket on the first ball. After losing three wickets in the powerplay, Dhawan and Sam Curran built a partnership, bringing the score to 41/3 after six overs.
The partnership was broken by Mayank Markande, who dismissed Curran for 22. PBKS then struggled, losing wickets regularly, and found themselves at 88/9 after 15 overs. Dhawan, however, continued to fight, scoring his 49th IPL half-century and pushing PBKS to a final score of 143/9 after 20 overs.
Markande was the standout bowler for SRH with figures of 4/15, while Malik and Jansen each took two wickets, and Bhuvneshwar claimed one.
SRH vs PBKS Score Summary:
- Sunrisers Hyderabad 145/2 (17.1 ov)
- Punjab Kings 143/9 (20 ov)
- SRH won by 8 wickets
Points Table Update after SRH vs PBKS Match 14
With the win, SRH has climbed to the eighth position on the points table with one win and two losses in three matches and two points. PBKS has slipped to sixth position to sixth position with two wins and a loss in two matches and four points.
SRH vs PBKS Match 14 Award Winners at IPL 2023
Player Of The Match: Shikhar Dhawan (PBKS), 99* (66)
TIAGO.ev Electric Striker Of The Match: Aiden Markram (SRH) Strike rater: 176.19
Herbalife Active Catch Of The Match: Sam Curran (PBKS)
Visit Saudi Beyond The Boundaries Longest 6: Rahul Tripathi (SRH), 94 metres
RuPay On-The-Go 4s: Shikhar Dhawan (PBKS), 12 fours
UPSTOX Most Valuable Asset Of The Match: Shikhar Dhawan, 47.5 MVA points
Dream11 Gamechanger Of The Match: Mayank Markande (SRH), 142 fantasy points
Note: All the prizes carried a cash reward of Rs 1 lakh
Major Highlights for SRH vs PBKS Match Today
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) defeated Punjab Kings (PBKS) by eight wickets at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad.
- Rahul Tripathi and Aiden Markram’s 100-run partnership played a crucial role in SRH’s victory.
- Tripathi scored a half-century, hitting 74* off 48 balls with 10 fours and three sixes.
- Markram contributed a solid 37* off 21 balls with six fours.
- Spinner Mayank Markande starred with the ball for SRH, claiming four wickets for 15 runs.
- Punjab Kings’ captain Shikhar Dhawan single-handedly fought for his team, scoring 99* off 66 balls.
- Dhawan hit 12 fours and five sixes in his knock, registering his 49th IPL half-century.
- PBKS lost wickets at regular intervals, struggling to build partnerships.
- SRH’s bowlers put early pressure on PBKS, with Bhuvneshwar Kumar taking a wicket on the first ball.
- Mayank Markande broke the crucial partnership between Dhawan and Sam Curran, who scored 22 off 15 balls.
- Arshdeep Singh and Rahul Chahar each took a wicket for PBKS.
- Following this win, SRH climbed to the eighth position, while PBKS slipped to sixth in the IPL standings.
IPL Next Match
On April 10, Royal Challengers Bangalore will host Lucknow Super Giants in IPL 2023’s 15th Match at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru.